And Other Real Life Happenings

Our life loving others, serving God and selling all we own to move to Africa.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Thankful and Tired

It's 9pm and not even dark.  My mind is foggy and my eyes are heavy.  It is days like today when it all catches up with me.  Serving others...so fulfilling.  But today the nitty-gritty weighs heavy on my heart and my body.

I'm tired.  Tired.

When I feel like no one gets it...someone does.  He does.  And so I try to remember.  Past the hopes of tomorrow being better, feeling stronger emotionally...physically...I remember that I am so blessed.  

I am thankful I am tired of solving works problems because it means I have work.  I am thankful I am tired of breaking up arguments because it means I have children.  I am thankful I have to deal with the problems of others who are close to me because it means I have people close.  I am thankful I worry about being given up on because it means I have someone who believes in me.  I am thankful my body is weary and my eyes are tired because it means I have something worth working for.  I am thankful I have laundry to do because it means I have clothes to wear.  I am thankful I am missing a 4th of July party because it means I live in a country worth celebrating.

I have so much to be thankful for....even when I'm exhausted.

Happy 4th of July y'all.

Drew and my first date was right here...only no fireworks.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love your attitude! You are so right in your thinking. We can turn the things we instantly think are negative, into positive and that is a praise to the one who made us :) I am blessed to have you for a daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate YOU, Asher, and ALL that you do in your life for yourself, your family, and for others. You are worth every tired moment that you put into this world. And ~ I'm sure there were "fireworks" on your first date with Dru ... no?! =)

    ReplyDelete