And Other Real Life Happenings

Our life loving others, serving God and selling all we own to move to Africa.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where To Start

Oh, where to start...I am not typically this MIA on my blogging.  Honestly, I don't really know where to start in this adoption blogging word.  There are a lot of people who can say what I am thinking better, and I guess because I have been an adoption blog stalker for several years now, I feel like I have nothing new to say.  Then, I have to remember that most of my friends and family that will be following this journey with our family have no clue how international adoption works, no clue how interracial families work and franky are a littl scared of the idea.
Let me let you in on a little secret of my heart.  If it is something I hold really dear to me, I tend to not share until I know the surroundings are safe.  Is this public blog safe?  Nope!  Far from it.  But I feel the need to share about this experience because it is something I don't ever want to forget.  This journey of walking through an international adoption is something that people need to know about...it is not a scary thing.  It is not something to hide or keep to ourselves.  I don't believe every family is called to adopt, but Drew and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that ours IS.
So, where do I start?  First, I am going to try not to blog about adoption every day for my sanity.  And if you see I am doing that you can be sure I am going crazy and using this blog as my outlet.  Because the wait is long, and I am a terrible waiter...I have to keep busy and try not to think about the impending excitement, changes, unknowns and THE WAIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment