And Other Real Life Happenings

Our life loving others, serving God and selling all we own to move to Africa.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

LAST Homestudy

We took the kids to Splashville this morning for a few hours.  We had a picnic downtown and then had to swing by Starbucks!  Mr. Crewe (that would be Asa) passed out when we got home.  Quinn stood in the closet by me while I changed and critiqued the clothes I was picking out.  Apparently I don't match today.  Oh dear... have my hands full.

I am reading a fascinating book by Dr. Jim Foulkes called To Africa With Love.  Can I just say-WOW!  I was up reading until 2am...I had to put it down because my eyes were swollen from crying.  Then, my mom called this morning and I could barely hold back tears as I told her about the book.  I can't wait to finish it tonight...oh, and PS-I do NOT like to finish books.  It will be only the second book I have actually finished since high school.  Not the second book I've read...just the second one I've finished!  Does that tell you something about the book?

Today we have our last homestudy!  I am so excited.  I have no idea what will happen time wise after this...do we get papers in the mail?  Do we get them today?  What the heck does our dossier consist of anyway and how do we know whats involved?  
We love our agency, but one drawback (for some people) might be that they are kind of hands off.  If we have questions we can call, but they don't exactly hold your hand through the process.  I'm okay with this-at least I have been so far.  So, maybe I'll find out after today what happens next.  :)  
I believe the meeting today will consist of interviews of the kids.  Just the thought of that makes me laugh. Like what's Asa going to say?  We'll find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment