And Other Real Life Happenings

Our life loving others, serving God and selling all we own to move to Africa.

Monday, October 25, 2010

I Get It

I get it!  I finally get it!  Those crazy adoption mommas in a frenzy to get their paperwork done.  (hehe)  That is totally me right now.  I remember watching mom's who were going through adoptions and just didn't really understand what all the rush was.  It is almost a maternal feeling, something like nesting when you are pregnant.  When the lady at the bank tells me she can't get that paper for me today, I have to wait 48 hours I get so frustrated.  Its good though, I get to tell myself a million times a day that this whole adoption is in God's hands.  I can only do what I can, the timing of everything else is up to Him!

This would explain why I have been so MIA these past few days.  I have been working VERY hard for Sole Hope getting all of the details worked out for running a non-profit, and getting ready for our trip in December.  PLUS, doing this whole paper chase.  I started getting our dossier ready this past Monday, and my goal was to have to mailed out today.  But, Drew's work has not returned the LAST piece of paperwork...and as soon as it comes in the mail I'm headed to the post office like a crazy momma...no body get in my way!!!  :)

So, this was just a little glimpse of life.  I have not disappeared and I have several things in my mind I am waiting to blog about-maybe tomorrow!  But for now I'll leave you with this picture that left me laughing!  We were at our friend's house tonight and their dog is missing some teeth and his little tongue was hanging out.  I don't know if it will come across as funny as it looked in person but....for smiles...

No comments:

Post a Comment